Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage
The Programme PA16/RO12 Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage supports the achievement of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 objectives:
- reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area;
- strengthening bilateral relations between the Donor States and the Beneficiary States.
The overall objective of the Programme is to contribute to cultural and natural heritage for future generations safeguarded and conserved and made publicly available.
The implementation of the Programme shall contribute to:
- the protection of the Romanian cultural heritage;
- the development of regions and cities by improving their tourist and investment attractiveness through the conservation, restoration and valorisation of cultural heritage;
- the conservation and valorisation of intangible heritage with an aim towards strengthening cultural identity of ethnical minorities, including Roma population.
Find out more
The Ministry of Culture, through the Project Management Unit, is the Programme Operator for PA16/RO12 „Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage”.
As Programme Operator, the Project Management Unit is responsible for preparing and implementing the Programme in accordance with the principles of economy, efficiency and effectiveness and in particular for:
- selecting projects to be funded and signing contracts for each projects;
- ensuring that the projects contribute to the overall objectives of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009 – 2014.
Find out more